Whether you brew at the corner nano-brewery or for global distribution, this new short course from UW-Madison is the ultimate in understanding all aspects of barley and malt.
Experts from around the world will discuss:
- Importance of barley varieties
- Malting chemistry and malt production
- Use of specialty malts
- Malt impact on the physical properties of beer
- Malt for whiskey and distilled spirits
Featured Speakers include:
- Dr. David Ryder, Adjunct Professor, UW-Madison
- Bob Hansen, Briess Technical Services Manager
- Mont Stuart, Manager, Malt Operations, MillerCoors
- Sue Thompson, Sensory Chair, MilllerCoors
- Mike Davis, President, American Malting Barley Assoc.
Included is a rare opportunity to tour Briess Chilton and Briess Manitowoc malt houses. Registration is limited to 50 attendees.
Cost is $450. Included meals are indicated in the schedule. Transportation, parking, and lodging are not included.
Click on the tabs in the upper right corner for further information.
This event is intended for professional brewers and those employed in the brewing industry. Anyone in the beer and distillation industry may register. Employees of malt producers will not be permitted to tour the Briess facilities, but may attend the remainder of the short course.